NounJungle (plural Jungles)
- A large, undeveloped, humid forest, especially in a tropical region, that is home to many wild plants and animals.
- (colloquial) A place where people behave ruthlessly, unconstrained by law or morality.
- It’s a jungle out there.
- A style of electronic music.
Adjectives for Jungle
encroaching; hobo; steaming; unhealthy; uninhabited; vibrant; familiar; artificial; impenetrable; misty.
Verbs for Jungle
abandon in—; beat—; clear—; conceal in—; creep through—; cultivate—; desert—; explore—; guide through—; hack through—;infest—; Inhabit—; invade—; lose in—; overhang with—; penetrate—; tangle in—; thread through—; trudge through—; —enmeshes ; -—hems in; —looms; —swamps; -terrifies.
Chinese puzzle, Gordian knot, Rube Goldberg contraption, afforestation, arboretum, boondocks, bush, bushveld, can of worms, chase, climax forest, cloud forest, complex, dendrology, forest, forest land, forest preserve, forestry, fringing forest, gallery forest, greenwood, hanger, hash, hugger-mugger, index forest, jumble, jungles, knot, labyrinth, litter, mash, maze, meander, mesh, mess, mishmash, morass, muddle, national forest, palmetto barrens, park, park forest, perplex, pine barrens, primeval forest, protection forest, rain forest, ravel, reforestation, rummage, scramble, scrub, scrubland, selection forest, shrubland, silviculture, skein, snafu, snake pit, snarl, sprout forest, stand of timber, state forest, tangle, tangled skein, timber, timberland, tree veld, virgin forest, web, webwork, wheels within wheels, wilderness, wildwood, wood, woodland, woods
audio (US) noicon (file)
- IPA: /ˈʤʌŋɡl/, SAMPA: /'dZVNgl/
- Rhymes: -ʌŋɡəl
- 15px Jungle on Wikipedia.Wikipedia Article on Jungle (forest)
- 15px Jungle (music) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Jungle (music)
- 15px Jungle in the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
From English jungle.
- IPA: /djɔnɡlə/, [ˈd̥jɔŋlə]
- 15px Jungle on the Danish Wikipedia.da.Wikipedia
Jungle f. (plural Jungles)
From English jungle.
- IPA: /ʒœ̃ɡl/
Audio (Belgium) noicon (file)