Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- (transitive) (obsolete) To draw or conduct away; to withdraw; to draw to a different part.
- If we abduce the eye unto either corner, the object will not duplicate. - Sir T. Browne
- (transitive) To draw a conclusion, especially in metanalysis. Used chiefly in linguistics to refer to the hearer's misunderstanding of the boundary or function of a morphological feature that results in its extension to a new environment and/or function.
transitive, obsolete: to draw or conduct away; to withdraw; to draw to a different part
- third-person singular present indicative of abdurre
- second-person singular present active imperative of abdūcō
Abduce (infinitive abducir)
- Informal second-person singular (tú) affirmative imperative form of abducir.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present indicative form of abducir.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present indicative form of abducir.