- IPA: /æbˈdʒɛkʃən/
NounAbjection (plural Abjections)
- The act of bringing down or humbling.
- "The abjection of the king and his realm."
- (rare) The state of being rejected or cast out.
- "An abjection from the beatific regions where God, and his angels and saints, dwell forever."
- A low or downcast condition; meanness of spirit; abasement; degradation.
abandon; abandonment; corruptedness; corruption; corruptness; debasement; decadence; decadency; degeneracy; degenerateness; degeneration; degradation; demoralization; depravation; depravedness; depravity; dissoluteness; moral pollution; moral turpitude; profligacy; reprobacy; rottenness; turpitude
Abjection f. (plural Abjections)
- (literary) Something that is worthy of utter contempt.