Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Ablative (not comparable)
- (engineering, nautical) Sacrificial, wearing away or being destroyed in order to protect the underlying, as in ablative paints used for antifouling.
- (grammar) Applied to one of the cases of the noun in some languages, the fundamental meaning of the case being removal, separation, or taking away.
- (obsolete) Taking away or removing.
obsolete: taking away
applied to one of the cases of the noun in other language
NounAblative (plural Ablatives)
- (grammar) The ablative case.
(grammar) the ablative case
- Feminine plural form of ablativo
- vocative masculine singular of ablativus