- IPA: /æbˈstræktɪd/
- Separated or disconnected; withdrawn; removed; apart.
- The evil abstracted stood from his own evil. - Milton
- (obsolete) Separated from matter; abstract; ideal.
- (obsolete) Abstract; abstruse; difficult.
- Inattentive to surrounding objects; absent in mind.
- An abstracted scholar. - Johnson
- Simple past tense and past participle of abstract.
Synonyms for Abstract
Antonyms for Abstract
abbreviated; abridged; absent; absentminded; absorbed; bemused; bobbed; buried in thought; capsule; capsulized; castle-building; clipped; compressed; condensed; cropped; curtailed; cut short; daydreaming; daydreamy; digested; distrait; docked; dreaming; dreamy; drowsing; ecstatic; elided; elliptic; elsewhere; engaged in thought; engrossed; engrossed in thought; faraway; half-awake; heedless; immersed in thought; in a reverie; in the clouds; inattentive; intent; introspective; lost; lost in thought; meditative; mooning; moonraking; mowed; mown; museful; musing; napping; nipped; nodding; oblivious; occupied; pensive; pipe-dreaming; pollard; polled; preoccupied; pruned; rapt; reaped; shaved; sheared; short-cut; shortened; snub; snubbed; somewhere else; stargazing; taken up; transported; trimmed; unconscious; unmindful; woolgathering; wrapped in thought