NounAccountant (plural Accountants)
- One who renders account; one accountable.
- A reckoner, or someone who maintains financial matters for a person(s)
- One who is skilled in, keeps, or adjusts, accounts; an officer in a public office, who has charge of the accounts.
- One whose profession includes organizing, maintaining and auditing the records of another. The records are usually, but not always, financial records.
Adjectives for Accountant
professional -; general ledger -; certified public -; certified general -; payroll -; staff -; senior -; grant -; junior -; auxiliary -; independent -; forensic -; prudent -; local -; backwoods -; qualified -.
Compare French accomptant, Old French acontant, present participle
CA; CPA; abacist; accountant general; actuary; amanuensis; archivist; auditor; bank accountant; bank examiner; bookkeeper; bursar; calculator; cashier; cashkeeper; certified public accountant; chamberlain; chartered accountant; clerk; comptroller; computer; controller; cost accountant; cost keeper; curator; depositary; depository; documentalist; engraver; estimator; figurer; filing clerk; financial officer; journalizer; librarian; liquidator; marker; notary; notary public; paymaster; prothonotary; purse bearer; purser; receiver; reckoner; record clerk; recorder; recordist; register; registrar; scorekeeper; scorer; scribe; scrivener; secretary; statistician; stenographer; steward; stonecutter; timekeeper; treasurer; trustee
Accountant (comparative more Accountant, superlative most Accountant)
- (obsolete, Shakespearian) accountable
one who renders account; one accountable
a reckoner, or someone who maintains financial matters for a person(s)
one who is skilled in, keeps, or adjusts, accounts
one whose profession includes organizing, maintaining and auditing the records of another
- The translations below need to be checked.
Translations to be checked