- influenced or changed by something
- simulated in order to impress
- emotionally moved; touched.
- acted upon
- moved, stirred, touched
- being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion - "too moved to speak"
- unnatural; artificial; pretended; speaking or behaving in an artificial way to make an impression
NounAffected (plural Affecteds)
Simple past tense and past participle of affect.
- impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch, have an effect upon
- act physically on; have an effect upon
- involve, regard, connect closely
- feign, sham, pretend, dissemble, make believe with the intent to deceive
- impress, move, strike, have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
Adverbs for Affected
afflicted; agonized; apocryphal; artificial; assumed; attacked; awkward; bastard; bedizened; big-sounding; bogus; brummagem; canting; chichi; colorable; colored; concerned; contrived; convoluted; counterfeit; counterfeited; declamatory; devoured by; diseased; distorted; distressed; dressed up; dummy; elaborate; elaborated; elevated; embellished; embroidered; ersatz; euphuistic; factitious; fake; faked; false; falsified; feigned; fictitious; fictive; flamboyant; flaming; flashy; flaunting; fulsome; garbled; garish; gaudy; goody; goody-goody; grandiloquent; grandiose; grandisonant; gripped; high-flowing; high-flown; high-flying; high-sounding; highfalutin; histrionic; holier-than-thou; hollow; hurt; hyperelegant; hypocritical; illegitimate; imbued with; imitation; implicated; impressed; impressed with; influenced; inkhorn; insincere; involved; junky; la-di-da; labyrinthine; lexiphanic; lofty; lurid; magniloquent; make-believe; man-made; maniere; mannered; mealymouthed; meretricious; mincing; mock; moved; obsessed; obsessed by; orotund; ostentatious; overacted; overdone; overelaborate; overelegant; overinvolved; overnice; overrefined; overwrought; pedantic; penetrated with; perverted; pharisaic; phony; pietistic; pinchbeck; pious; pompous; precieuse; precieux; precious; pretended; pretentious; pseudo; put-on; quasi; queer; racked; rhetorical; sanctified; sanctimonious; seized; seized with; self-conscious; self-righteous; self-styled; sensational; sensationalistic; sententious; sham; shoddy; showy; simulated; sniveling; so-called; soi-disant; sonorous; specious; spurious; stagy; stiff; stilted; stirred; stricken; struck; studied; supposititious; swayed; synthetic; tall; theatrical; tin; tinsel; titivated; torn; tortuous; tortured; touched; troubled; twisted; unauthentic; unctuous; ungenuine; unnatural; unreal; upset; warped; wracked