Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪɪk
- Of, or relating to, algebra.
- (mathematics, of an expression, equation, or function) Containing only numbers, letters, and arithmetic operators.
- (mathematics, of a number) Which is a root of some polynomial.
- (chess, of notation) Describing squares by file (referred to in intrinsic order rather than by the piece starting on that file) and rank, both with reference to a fixed point rather than a player-dependent perspective.
- (of or relating to algebra): algebraic geometry, algebraic number theory, algebraic structure
- (of a number): algebraic number
- algebraic equation
- algebraic function
- algebraic integer
relating to algebra
containing numbers, letters, and arithmetic operators
which is a polynomial's root
describing squares with letters and numbers