- That which lives.
- Possessing the quality or ability of motion.
- Dynamic, energetic.
- (grammar, of a noun or pronoun) Having a referent that includes a human or animal.
- (grammar) Inflected to agree with an animate noun or pronoun.
Adverbs for Animate
impiously; fascinatingly; gladly; garrulously; characteristically; vividly; dazzingly; delightfully; picturesquely; mechanically; preternaturally.
Synonyms for Animate
- (that lives): alive, live, living
- (possessing the quality or ability of motion):
- (dynamic): active, dynamic, energetic
- enliven, rouse, vivify, encourage, activate, cheer, vitalize, quicken, inspire.
Antonyms for Animate
- (living): inanimate
- (possessing the quality or ability of motion): fixed, immobile, static, stationary, still
- (dynamic): static
- (grammar, inflected for person or animal): inanimate
- kill, deactivate, discourage.
aboveground; activate; activated; active; actuate; alert; alive; alive and kicking; among the living; animated; arouse; biological; biotic; boost; brace; brace up; breathe life into; breathing; brighten; bring into being; bring into existence; bring to life; brisk; brisken; buck up; buoy up; call into being; call into existence; cant; capable of life; cheer; chirk up; common gender; compel; conceive; conscious; drive; drive on; dynamic; dynamize; electrify; embolden; embue; encourage; endow with life; endowed with life; energize; energized; enliven; enlivened; exalt; excite; exhilarate; existent; feminine; fillip; fire; fire up; force; fortify; forward; foster; fresh up; freshen; freshen up; galvanize; gay; gender; give a lift; give an impetus; give birth; give life to; give momentum; gladden; goad; hearten; imbue; impel; in the flesh; inanimate; incite; infect; inflame; inform; infuse; infuse life into; inject; inoculate; inspire; inspirit; inspirited; instinct with life; invigorate; jazz up; keen; kindle; live; lively; liven; living; long-lived; masculine; motivate; move; move to action; moving; nerve; neuter; organic; organized; pep up; perk up; physiological; pick up; pique; power; promote; propel; provoke; put in motion; quick; quicken; reanimate; recreate; refresh; refreshen; regale; reinforce; reinvigorate; rejoice; rejoice the heart; renew; resuscitate; revitalize; revive; revivify; rouse; set agoing; set going; set in motion; set up; sharpen; snap up; spark; spirit; spirit up; spirited; sprightly; spur on; steel; stimulate; stir; strengthen; tenacious of life; thrust; very much alive; viable; vital; vitalize; vivacious; vivified; vivify; warm; whet; whip on; zip up; zoetic
- second-person plural present indicative of animare
- second-person plural imperative of animare
- Feminine plural of animato
- first-person plural present active imperative of animō