NounAnimation (plural Animations)
- The act of animating, or giving life or spirit.
- (animation, in the sense of a cartoon) The technique of making inanimate objects or drawings appear to move in motion pictures or computer graphics.
- The state of being lively, brisk, or full of spirit and vigor; vivacity; spiritedness
- The condition of being animate or alive.
- (linguistics) conversion from the inanimate to animate grammatical category
Adjectives for Animation
fascinating; glad; suspended; perspiring; garrulous; contagious; social; characteristic; vivid; dazzling; delightful; playful; transient; picturesque; returning; intense; mechanical ; preternatural.
Verb for Animation
attain; behold; bestow - upon; buoy up with -; breathe out; burst into; counterfeit; enliven with; evince; feign; fire with; impart; incite to; inject; inspire with; instil -; manifest; provoke to; recite with; restore; revive ; sparkle with; suspend; vitalize with ; woo with -; enlivens; fatigues; flags; flares up; jades; wearies.
activity; actuation; afflatus; aggravation; agitation; alacrity; animal spirits; animate existence; animating spirit; animus; anxiety; anxiousness; appetite; ardency; ardor; arousal; arousing; avidity; avidness; being alive; birth; breathless impatience; breeziness; brio; briskness; bubbliness; capersomeness; cheerful readiness; coltishness; dash; direction; divine afflatus; dynamism; eagerness; ebullience; effervescence; elan; electrification; energizing; energy; enlivening; enlivenment; enthusiasm; esprit; exacerbation; exasperation; excitation; excitement; exhilaration; existence; exuberance; fervor; fire; firing; fomentation; forwardness; friskiness; frolicsomeness; gaiety; galvanization; gamesomeness; gayness; genius; glow; gust; gusto; having life; heartiness; immortality; impatience; impetuosity; impetus; incitement; infection; inflammation; influence; infuriation; infusion; inner-direction; inspiration; intensity; invigoration; irritation; joie de vivre; keen desire; keenness; lathering up; life; lifetime; liveliness; living; long life; longevity; lustiness; mettle; motivation; moving; moving spirit; moxie; oomph; other-direction; pep; peppiness; perkiness; pertness; perturbation; piss and vinegar; pizzazz; playfulness; prompting; promptness; provocation; quickening; quickness; readiness; revitalization; revival; robustness; rollicksomeness; rompishness; skittishness; spirit; spiritedness; spirits; sportiveness; sprightliness; spriteliness; steaming up; stimulation; stimulus; stirring; stirring up; verve; viability; vigor; vim; vitality; vitalization; vivaciousness; vivacity; vivification; warmth; whipping up; working up; zest; zestfulness; zing; zip
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- (giving life or spirit) breath life into, vitalize
- (the state of being lively) airiness, ardor, buoyancy, earnestness, energy, enthusiasm, liveliness, promptitude, spirit, sprightliness, vivacity
- (the condition of being alive) life
- The translations below need to be checked.
- Japanese: アニメーション
From Latin animatio.
Animation f. (plural Animations)