- Separately, in regard to space or company; in a state of separation as to place; aside.
- Others apart sat on a hill retired.
- Ps. iv. 3.
- The Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself.
- In a state of separation, of exclusion, or of distinction, as to purpose, use, or character, or as a matter of thought; separately; independently
- Consider the two propositions apart.
- Aside; away.
- Jas. i. 21.
- Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness.
- John Keble
- Let Pleasure go, put Care apart.
- Jas. i. 21.
- In two or more parts; asunder; to piece
- to take a piece of machinery apart.
- (following its objective complement) apart from.
- A handful of examples apart, an English preposition precedes its complement.
a huis clos; adrift; alien; alienated; all to pieces; alone; aloof; apart from; aside; aside from; asunder; at a distance; away; away from; behind closed doors; besides; bipartite; by itself; by two; companionless; detached; dichotomous; disconnected; discontinuous; discrete; disjunct; disrelated; dissociated; distal; distant; distinct; distinctly; divergent; except for; excepting; excluding; exotic; extraneous; far; far off; faraway; fifty-fifty; foreign; friendless; half-and-half; homeless; in a backwater; in camera; in chambers; in executive session; in half; in halves; in privacy; in private; in private conference; in privy; in the abstract; in the singular; in twain; in two; incoherent; incommensurable; incomparable; independent; independently; individually; insular; irrelative; isolate; isolated; januis clausis; kithless; lone; lonely; lonesome; long-distance; long-range; noncohesive; not counting; once; one by one; other; out-of-the-way; out-of-the-world; outlandish; particularly; partitioned; per se; piecemeal; privately; privily; quarantined; remote; removed; retired; rootless; secluded; segregate; segregated; separate; separated; separately; severally; shut off; single-handed; single-handedly; singly; singularly; sky-high; solitary; solo; strange; to one side; unabetted; unaccompanied; unaffiliated; unaided; unallied; unassisted; unassociated; unattached; unattended; unconnected; unescorted; unfrequented; unjoined; unrelatable; unrelated; unseconded; unsupported; unvisited; wide apart; wide away; withdrawn
- Over het algemeen vindt men vier kleuren in een inkjetprinter. Zwart zit bijna altijd in een aparte cartridge, de andere kleuren kunnen ook in één cartridge zitten. — In general one finds four colors in an inkjet printer. Black sits almost always in a separate cartridge, the other colors can also sit in a single cartridge.