Appendix:English terms for religious opponents
Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Terms with meanings of "renegade" or "opponent"
- Rafida (see w:Rafida for the meaning)
- Formerly, the word pervert meant one who changed to an erroneous religion (in the 20th century it came to mean a sexual pervert).
Terms that mean "not of our religion"
- heathen (not a Christian)
- infidel (not a Christian or not a Muslim)
- kafir (not a Muslim)
- pagan (not of monotheistic religion)
- gentile (not a Jew; not a Mormon)
- goy (not a Jew)