- resembling or having the consistency of mush; semi-liquid, pasty, or granular
- I don't especially like mushy oatmeal.
- soft; squishy
- The brake pedal is mushy sometimes when I step on it.
- overly sappy, corny, or cheesy
- Skip the mushy, romantic scenes and get to the action.
baccate, bathetic, beery, bland, boggy, changeable, cloudy, cloying, corny, doughy, flabby, fleshy, foggy, gooey, gushing, halfhearted, indecisive, infirm of purpose, infirm of will, insipid, irresolute, macerated, masticated, maudlin, mawkish, milk-and-water, milky, miry, misty, namby-pamby, neutral, nostalgic, nostomanic, oversentimental, oversentimentalized, pappy, pasty, pithy, pulpal, pulpar, pulped, pulplike, pulpy, quaggy, romantic, saccharine, sappy, schmaltzy, sentimental, sentimentalized, sloppy, slushy, soft, soppy, spongy, squashy, squelchy, squishy, squushy, sticky, succulent, sugary, swampy, syrupy, tasteless, tear-jerking, teary, vague, vapid, vaporous, vapory, watery, wet, wishy-washy
- Rhymes: -ʌʃi