- Simple past tense and past participle of attest.
- Proven; shown to be true with evidence
- Supported with testimony
- Certified as good, correct, or pure
- (linguistics) Of words or languages, proven to have existed by records.
- A term should be included if it's likely that someone would run accross it and want to know what it means. This in turn leads to the somewhat more formal guideline of including a term if it is attested and idiomatic.
- The word slæpwerig (sleep-weary) is attested in the Exeter Book in the form slæpwerigne.
actual; affirmed; alleged; announced; ascertained; asserted; asseverated; assured; authenticated; averred; avouched; avowed; borne out; categorically true; certain; certified; circumstantiated; confirmed; corroborated; decided; declared; demonstrated; deposed; determinate; determined; documentary; effectual; enunciated; established; factual; fixed; guaranteed; historical; in the bag; made sure; manifestoed; nailed down; not in error; objectively true; on ice; open-and-shut; pledged; predicated; professed; pronounced; proved; proven; real; secure; set; settled; shown; stated; substantiated; sure-enough; sworn; sworn to; tested; tried; true; true as gospel; truthful; unconfuted; undenied; undoubted; unerroneous; unfallacious; unfalse; unmistaken; unquestionable; unrefuted; validated; veracious; verified; veritable; vouched; vouched for; vowed; warranted