NounBeef (plural beef or beefs or beeves)
- (uncountable) The meat from a cow, bull or other bovines.
- I hate eating beef.
- (uncountable) Bovine animals.
- 2010 Who's the real McCoy? Abilene's Joseph in 8 Wonders contest
- However, there were millions of head of beef roaming the plains of Texas.
- (archaic, countable, plural: beef or beeves) A single bovine (cow or bull) being raised for its meat.
- Do you want to raise beeves?
- (countable, plural: beefs) a complaint or disagreement
- He has a beef with anyone who tells him otherwise.
- (intransitive) To complain.
- (transitive) To add weight or strength to, usually as beef up.
- Since you stopped running, you are really beefing out.
- (intransitive, slang) To fart.
- Ugh, who just beefed in here?
Beef (not comparable)
- Being a bovine animal that is being raised for its meat.
- We bought three beef calves this morning.
- Producing or known for raising lots of beef.
- beef farms
- beef country
- Consisting of or containing beef as an ingredient.
- beef stew
- Rhymes: -eːf
da:beef de:beef et:beef es:beef eo:beef fa:beef fr:beef ko:beef io:beef id:beef it:beef kn:beef ku:beef lo:beef hu:beef mg:beef ml:beef my:beef nl:beef ja:beef oc:beef pl:beef pt:beef simple:beef fi:beef sv:beef ta:beef te:beef th:beef tr:beef vi:beef zh:beef