NounBet (plural Bets)
- A wager, an agreement between two parties that a stake (usually money) will be paid by the loser to the winner (the winner being the one who correctly forecast the outcome of an event).
- A degree of certainty.
- To agree that payment be made to the successful forecaster of the result of an event (usually sporting) by the other party in the agreement. To make a guess about the outcome of an event.
- To be sure of something; to be able to count on something.
- (poker) To place money into the pot in order to require others do the same, usually only used for the first person to place money in the pot on each round.
Adjectives for Bet
fatal; reckless; shrewd; timely; underhanded; unfair; unfortunate.
Verbs for Bet
arouse—; balance—; cancel—; cover—; encourage—; forfeit—; hedge—; instigate—; insure—; lay—; stake—; support—; — stands; —surprises.
ante, ante up, back, bet on, book, call, chunk, cover, fade, gamble, game, handbook, hazard, lay, lay a wager, lay down, make a bet, make book, meet a bet, parlay, pass, play, play against, plunge, pot, predict, prognosticate, punt, put on, risk, see, set, shot, stake, stand pat, take a chance, wager
- Useinov & Mireev Dictionary, Simferopol, Dolya, 2002 
- IPA: [bʲɛt]
- past tense of bite
- third-person plural present subjunctive conjunct of at·tá
- past tense of bita.