NounBlizzard (plural Blizzards)
- A severe snowstorm, especially with strong winds and greatly reduced visibility.
- (figuratively) A large amount of paperwork.
- (figuratively) A large number of similar things, such as a blizzard of political ads.
- (of snow) To fall in windy conditions
Adjectives for Blizzard
biting; dense; muffled: roaring; driving; raging; terrible; insect; blinding; numbing; howling; merciless; swirling.
Verbs for Blizzard
dread—; forecast—; forewarn of—; perish in—; precede—; predict—; shelter from—; —blasts ; —blinds; —freezes; —rages; — rattles; —redoubles its force; —rises; — shrieks; —suffocates; —tears; —wheels; — whines; —whirls.
avalanche, black squall, blow, crystal, driven snow, equinoctial, flake, flurry, gale, granular snow, half a gale, heavy blow, hurricane, igloo, ill wind, line squall, line storm, mantle of snow, mogul, slosh, slush, snow, snow banner, snow bed, snow blanket, snow blast, snow fence, snow flurry, snow roller, snow slush, snow squall, snow wreath, snow-crystal, snowball, snowbank, snowbridge, snowcap, snowdrift, snowfall, snowfield, snowflake, snowland, snowman, snowscape, snowshed, snowslide, snowslip, snowstorm, squall, squall line, storm, storm wind, stormy winds, strong wind, tempest, tempestuous wind, thick squall, thundersquall, tropical cyclone, typhoon, ugly wind, violent blow, wet snow, white squall, whole gale, williwaw, wind-shift line, windstorm
- Probably from the German blitzartig (“very fast, like a lightning”)