- Rhymes: -ʌnt
- The full adverse effects of; the chief consequences or negative results of a thing or event.
- Unfortunately, poor areas such as those in New Orleans bore the brunt of Hurricane Katrina's winds.
- The major part of; the bulk.
- If you feel tired of walking, just think of the poor donkey who has carried the brunt of our load.
appulse, bulldozing, bulling, bump, burden, cannon, carambole, carom, clash, collision, concussion, crack-up, crash, crump, crunch, encounter, full force, hammering, impact, impingement, mauling, meeting, onslaught, onus, percussion, ramming, shock, sideswipe, sledgehammering, smash, smash-up, smashing, stress, thrusting, violence, weight, whomp
- absolute indefinite neuter form of brun.