NounCannon (plural cannon or cannons)
- A complete assembly, consisting of an artillery tube and a breech mechanism, firing mechanism or base cap, which is a component of a gun, howitzer or mortar. It may include muzzle appendages.
- A large-bore machine gun.
- A bone of a horse's leg, between the fetlock joint and the knee or hock.
- (historical) A large muzzle-loading artillery piece.
- (sports, billiards, snooker, pool) A shot in which the ball struck with the cue comes in contact with two or more balls on the table; a hitting of two or more balls with the player's ball.
- (baseball) The arm of a player that can throw well.
- To bombard with cannons
- (sports, billiards, snooker, pool) To play the carom billiard shot. To strike two balls with the cue ball
- To fire something, especially spherical, rapidly.
Adjectives for Cannon
least-accessible; monstrous; small; academical; clumsy; ugly; yawning; widely-sloping; terraced; prostrate; grumbling; booming; brazen-throated; improvised; boulder-choked; distant; useless; breaching; spiked; roaring; frowning; lateral; brazen; belching; thundering; hostile.
Verbs for Cannon
capture—; charge—; discharge—; level—; load—; man—; mount—; sight—; silence—; train -- upon; —batters; —blazes away; —booms; —emits; —explodes; —menaces; —pounds; —recoils; —revolves; —roars; —rolls; —salutes; —throws; —thunders; — vollies.
artillery, ordnance, pepper, percuss, percussion, pop at, potshot, rake, ramming, rebound, recalcitrate, recoil, repercuss, resile, ricochet, run into, salvo, shell, shock, shoot, shoot at, shot, sideswipe, siege artillery, siege engine, slam into, sledgehammering, smack into, smash, smash into, smash up, smash-up, smashing, snap back, snipe, snipe at, spray, spring, spring back, stoneshot, strafe, strike, strike against, take aim at, tattoo, thrusting, torpedo, trench artillery, volley, whomp, wire, zero in on, aim at, appulse, backfire, backlash, bang, bang into, barrage, battery, blast, blitz, bombard, boomerang, bounce, bounce back, bound, bound back, bowshot, brunt, bulldozing, bullet, bulling, bump, bump into, cannon off, cannonade, cannonry, carambole, carom, carom into, clash, coast artillery, collide, collision, come into collision, commence firing, concuss, concussion, confront each other, crack up, crack-up, crash, crash into, crump, crunch, cutpurse, dash into, detonation, dip, discharge, diver, ejection, encounter, enfilade, fall foul of, field artillery, fire a volley, fire at, fire upon, flak, fly back, foul, fusillade, gun, gunfire, gunshot, hammering, have repercussions, heavy field artillery, hit, hit against, hurt, hurtle, impact, impinge, impingement, kick, kick back, knock, knock against, lash back, mauling, meet, meeting, mortar, onslaught, open fire, open up on,
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found