- Present participle of cap.
NounCapping (plural Cappings)
- (geology) rock that overlies a mineral deposit
- the process of covering a borehole in order to seal an oil well
- the selling of a security etc close to an expiry date
- (mathematics) the conversion of a polyhedron into a stellated polyhedron by raising a pyramid on each face
a cut above, above, ahead, ascendant, better, chosen, closing, concluding, consummating, consummative, consummatory, crowning, culminating, culminative, distinguished, eclipsing, eminent, ending, exceeding, excellent, excelling, finer, finishing, greater, heading, higher, in ascendancy, in the ascendant, major, marked, of choice, one up on, outstanding, outtopping, over, overtopping, perfecting, perfective, rare, rivaling, super, superior, surpassing, terminating, topping, transcendent, transcendental, transcending, upper