NounCartoon (plural Cartoons)
- (comics) A humorous drawing, often with a caption, or a strip of such drawings.
- (comics) A drawing satirising current public figures.
- (art) An artist's preliminary sketch.
- (animation) An animated piece of film which is often but not exclusively humourous.
- A diagram in a scientific concept.
- (art, comics, animation) To draw a cartoon.
Adjectives for Cartoon
animated; completed; contemporary; much-remarked.
Adverbs for Cartoon
derisively; animatedly; sarcastically; satirically; diplomatically; viciously; humorously; blisteringly.
- (humorous drawing or strip): comic strip, strip cartoon
- (satire of public figures): caricature, political cartoon
animated cartoon, black and white, black-and-white film, blueprint, brouillon, caricature, charcoal, charcoal drawing, chart, chiaroscuro, chiller, cinema, color film, comic book, comic strip, comics, copy, crayon, creepie, delineation, design, diagram, documentary, documentary film, doodle, draft, drawing, ebauche, educational film, elevation, esquisse, feature, figure, film, flick, flicker, funnies, graph, ground plan, horror picture, horse opera, house plan, ichnography, line drawing, motion picture, motion-picture show, movie, moving picture, newsreel, nudie, outline, pastel, pattern, pen-and-ink, pencil drawing, photodrama, photoplay, picture, picture show, plot, pornographic film, preview, profile, projection, rough, rough copy, rough draft, rough outline, short, silent, silent film, silhouette, silver-print drawing, sinopia, skeleton, sketch, skin flick, sneak preview, spaghetti Western, study, table, talkie, talking picture, thriller, tracing, trailer, underground film, vignette, working drawing