Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
NounCerement (plural Cerements)
- c. 1600, Shakespeare, Hamlet
- Why thy canonized bones, hearsed in death, have burst their cerements.
- 1919, Ronald Firbank, Valmouth, Duckworth, hardback edition, page 77
- "Who is the woman in the cerements?", she inconsequently wondered.
- 1971 Anthony Burgess, M/F, Penguin 2004, page 62
- Her red robe billowed, all in wood, except where the great phallic spike of her martyrdom had called forth blood to tack the cerement to her body.