NounClaw (plural Claws)
- A curved, pointed horny nail on each digit of the foot of a mammal, reptile, or bird.
- A foot equipped with such.
- The pincer of a crustacean or other arthropod.
- A mechanical device resembling a claw, used for gripping or lifting.
- (juggling, uncountable) The act of catching a ball overhand.
- To scratch or to tear at.
- To use the claws to seize, to grip.
- To use the claws to climb.
Adjectives for Claw
grimy; hooded; bloody; scarifying; holy; ominous; nipping; powerful; burrowing; slimy; acute; prehensile; scaly; sheathed; quivering; dirt-encrusted; feeble; invisible.
Verbs for Claw
arm with—s; clip—s; clutch in—s; grapple with—s; grasp in—s; grip in—s; hook in—s; lay hold with—s; pare—; seize in—; sharpen—s; snip off—s; strike with—s; try—s on; —s flash by; —s lacerate; —s miss; —s rend; —s rip; —s scrape; —s scratch; —s snatch; —s tear.
Adverbs for Claw
wildly; fiercely; bloodily; ominously; feebly; voraciously; hungrily; viciously; hatefully; fiendishly; frantically; frightfully; sadistically.
abrade, agonize, bark, blemish, bloody, break, burn, carry off, catch, chafe, check, chip, convulse, crack, craze, crucify, cut, excruciate, fracture, fray, frazzle, fret, gall, gash, grab, grapple, harrow, hurt, impale, incise, injure, kidnap, kill by inches, lacerate, lancinate, macerate, maim, make mincemeat of, martyr, martyrize, maul, mutilate, nail, pierce, puncture, punish, rack, rake, rend, rip, run, rupture, savage, scald, scarify, scorch, scotch, scrabble, scrape, scratch, scuff, shanghai, skin, slash, slit, sprain, stab, stick, strain, talon, tear, throttle, torment, torture, traumatize, wound, wrench, wring