NounClick (plural Clicks)
- A brief, sharp, not particularly loud, relatively high-pitched sound produced by the impact something small and hard against something hard, such as by the operation of a switch, a lock or a latch, or a finger pressed against the thumb and then released to strike the hand.
- (phonetics) An ingressive sound made by coarticulating a velar or uvular closure with another closure.
- Sound made by a dolphin.
- The act of operating a switch, etc., so that it clicks.
- The act of pressing a button on a computer mouse.
- (slang) A kilometre.
- The term used to show approval, acceptance, or general agreement.
- Alternative spelling of klick.
- (transitive) To cause to make a click, eg to operate (a switch, etc) so that it makes a click.
- (transitive) (direct and indirect) To press and release (a button on a computer mouse).
- (intransitive) To emit a click.
- (intransitive) To click the left button of a computer mouse while pointing.
- (intransitive) To make sense suddenly.
- (intransitive) To get on well at a first meeting.
- The sound of a click.
Adjectives for Click
faint; whispered; resolute; dry; animated; soulless; jarring; indignant; responsive; metallic; sharp; hollow; emphatic; mysterious; mechanical; significant.
Adverbs for Click
teasingly; faintly; animatedly; indignantly; metallically; jauntily; gaily; significantly; spontaneously; mechanically; repeatedly; intermittently.
bump, catch on, chink, clack, clink, clop, clump, clunk, come off, connect, crack, cracking, crackle, crackling, crepitate, crepitation, crump, decrepitate, decrepitation, dull thud, farewell, flick, flump, go, go great guns, go off, go over, go over big, go to town, graduate, make a hit, meet with success, pad, pan out, pass, pat, patter, pitapat, pitter-patter, plump, plunk, pop, prevail, prosper, prove out, qualify, rap, sizzling, snap, snapping, spit, spitting, succeed, take, tap, thud, thump, tick, tinkle, tunk, work well, work wonders
Imitative of the "click" sound; first recorded in the 1500s.
click m. inv.