NounCommitment (plural Commitments)
- Promise or agreement to do something in the future.
- The act or an instance of committing, putting in charge, keeping, or trust.
- The act of sending a legislative bill to committee for review
- Official consignment sending a person to prison or a mental health institution
- Assuming a financial obligation at a future date
- Being bound emotionally/intellectually to a course of action or to another person/other persons.
- Perpetration, in a negative manner, as in a crime or mistake.
- State of being pledged or engaged.
- The trait of sincerity and focused purpose.
- The act of being locked away, such as in an institution for the mentally ill or jail.
Adjectives for Commitment
careless; imaginary; solemn; revealed; judicial ; official.
obligation, obstinacy, office, onus, operation, ordainment, ordination, ought, passion, passionateness, perseverance, persistence, place, plan, plenipotentiary power, power of attorney, power to act, preengagement, principle, procuration, program, project, proposition, proxy, purpose, purposefulness, purview, reason for being, recognizance, recommitment, regency, regentship, relegation, relentlessness, remand, remanding, resoluteness, resolution, resolve, resolvedness, respect, responsibility, right, sacrifice, self-abasement, self-abnegation, self-denial, self-devotion, self-effacement, self-forgetfulness, self-immolation, self-imposed duty, self-neglect, self-neglectfulness, self-renouncement, self-sacrifice, self-subjection, self-will, selflessness, seriousness, sincerity, single-mindedness, spirit, staunchness, steadfastness, task, tenacity, total commitment, tried-and-trueness, triedness, trueness, trust, trusteeship, unacquisitiveness, understanding, undertaking, unpossessiveness, unselfishness, vehemence, venture, verbal agreement, vicarious authority, warmth, warrant, will, work, zeal, abandon, activity, affair, agency, agentship, agreement, allegiance, altruism, ardency, ardor, assigned task, assignment, attempt, authority, authorization, bounden duty, brevet, burden, business, call of duty, campaign, care, cause, charge, commendation, commission, commissioning, committal, committedness, consecration, consignment, constancy, contract, crusade, cure, deal, decidedness, decision, decisiveness, dedication, deference, definiteness, delegated authority, delegation, deputation, determinateness, determination, determinedness, devoir, devolution, devolvement, devotedness, devotion, devoutness, disinterest, disinterestedness, drive, duties and responsibilities, duty, earnestness, effort, embassy, empowerment, enfeoffment, engagement, enterprise, entrusting, entrustment, errand, ethics, executorship, exequatur, factorship, faith, faithfulness, fastness, fealty, fervency, fervidness, fervor, fidelity, fire, firmness, full power, great cause, hallowing, heartiness, heat, heatedness, homage, humility, impassionedness, imperative, infeodation, infeudation, intensity, intentness, interest, issue, jurisdiction, legation, license, lieutenancy, lifework, line of duty, loyalty, mandate, mass movement, mission, mittimus, modesty, movement, must, need,
- Hyphenation: com‧mit‧ment