NounCommunication (plural Communications)
- (uncountable) The concept or state of exchanging information between entities.
- The potential for information exchange.
- A message; the essential data transferred in an act of communication.
- The body of all data transferred to one or both parties during an act of communication.
- An instance of information transfer; a conversation or discourse.
- A passageway or opening between two locations.
- (anatomy) A connection between two tissues, organs, or cavities.
Adjectives for Communication
efficient; sincere; graceful; rich; unique; swift; economical; rapid; easy; constant; continuous; belligerent; inarticulate; garrulous; profane; flimsy; crude; covert; sly; underhanded; world; visual; electrical; papal; aerial; interstate; telepathic; unrestricted; telltale; articulated; direct; anonymous; sympathetic; confidential; treacherous; depressing; convenient; unreserved; spiritual; slow-moving; pregnant; clandestine; evil; friendly; mercantile; unlimited; secure; radio; telegraphic; privileged; pretended; domestic; precarious.
Verbs for Communication
break—with; contrive—; cut off—; deliver—; draw—; establish—with; exchange—s; interfere with—; reestablish—; relay—; scatter—; set up—with; stimulate—; —conveys; —expresses; —imparts; —informs; —proceeds from; —purports to; —requests.
- communications (the science and technology of communicating, especially by electronic means)
Communication f. (plural Communications)