NounConcept (plural Concepts)
- An understanding retained in the mind, from experience, reasoning and/or imagination; a generalization (generic, basic form), or abstraction (mental impression), of a particular set of instances or occurrences (specific, though different, recorded manifestations of the concept).
- (programming) In generic programming, a description of supported operations on a type, including their syntax and semantics.
Adjectives for Concept
cynical; ethereal; social; major; permanent; simple; beneficent; fundamental; negative; petty; platonic; economic; emotional; rational; mystical; anthropopsychic; consonant; abstract; steady; liberal; heroic; ridiculous; idiotic.
Verbs for Concept
accept—; build up—; discard—; express— form—; guard—; hallow—; idealize— join in—; lose—; master—; produce— reshape—; reverence—; symbolize—; —develops; —disappears; —fades; —grows.
Synonyms for Concept
- conceptualization, conceptualisation, conceptuality
- rule, regulation
- property, attribute, dimension
- abstraction, abstract
- part, section, division
- law, natural law, law of nature
conception, conceptualization, conclusion, consensus gentium, consideration, eidetic image, envisaging, envisioning, estimate, estimation, ethos, eye, fancy, feeling, general belief, idea, image, imagery, imagery study, imaging, imagism, imagistic poetry, imago, impression, intellection, intellectual object, judgment, lifelike image, lights, memory-trace, mental image, mental impression, mental picture, mental representation, mind, mystique, notion, objectification, observation, opinion, perception, personal judgment, picture, picturing, poetic imagery, point of view, popular belief, position, posture, presumption, prevailing belief, public belief, public opinion, reaction, recept, reflection, representation, sentiment, sight, stance, supposition, theory, thinking, thought, view, vision, visual image, visualization, way of thinking, word-painting
Concept n. (plural concepten)
Concept m. (plural Concepts)
- conceptualizat (past participle of conceptualiza)