- The act or method of controlling or directing
- Skillful guidance or management; generalship.
- The manner of guiding or carrying one's self; personal deportment; mode of action; behavior.
- (of a literary work) Plot; action; construction; manner of development.
- (transitive) To lead, or guide; to escort; to attend.
- (transitive) To lead, as a commander; to direct; to manage; to carry on; as, to conduct the affairs of a kingdom.
- (transitive) (reflexively to conduct oneself) To behave.
- (transitive) To serve as a medium for conveying; to transmit, as heat, light, electricity, etc.
- (transitive, music) To direct, as the leader in the performance of a musical composition.
- (intransitive) To act as a conductor (as of heat, electricity, etc.); to carry.
Adverbs for Conduct
inelegantly; rigidly; honorably; intelligently; prudently; improvidently; solemnly; marvelously; diligently; privately; secretly; commendably; efficiently; circumspectly; indecorously; rebelliously; licentiously; meritoriously; intemperately; editorially; criminally; theatrically; shamelessly; precipitately; fraudulently; barbarously; inexplicably; unyieldingly; daringly; dishonestly; peacefully; perversely; questionably; irreproachably; disloyally; analytically; unethically; arbitrarily; obstreperously; boorishly; courteously.
Adjectives for Conduct
boisterous; disorderly; ethical; inequitable; lude; professional; questionable; reckless; responsible; tortious; unsportsmanlike; vexatious; wrongful; offensive; ungracious; courteous; despicable; noble; unique; abominable;
accomplish, accomplishment, achievement, acquit, act, action, actions, activity, acts, address, administer, administration, affectation, agency, air, arrange, attend, attitude, authority, be responsible for, bear, bearing, behave, behavior, behavior pattern, behavioral norm, behavioral science, bring, call the signals, canalize, captain, care, carriage, carry, carry on, carry out, carry through, channel, channelize, chaperon, charge, command, commission, companion, company, complete, completion, comport, comportment, conduct to, control, convey, convoy, cope with, culture pattern, custom, deal with, demean, demeanor, deport, deportment, direct, direct to, direction, discharge, dispatch, dispose of, do, doing, doings, drive, driving, effectuation, employ, enact, enactment, engage in, engineer, escort, esquire, execute, execution, exercise, fly, folkway, follow, freight, functioning, funnel, gestures, go in for, go on, goings-on, govern, governance, government, guard, guidance, guide, guise, handle, handling, head, head up, husbandry, implementation, intendance, keep, keep up, lead, lead on, lead to, leadership, leading, lift, lug, maintien, make, make go, make the rules, manage, management, managery, managing, maneuver, manhandle, manipulate, manipulation, manner, manners, marshal, mastermind, method, methodology, methods, mien, modus vivendi, motions, movements, moves, observable behavior, occupation, officer, operancy, operate, operation, ordain, order, ordering, oversee, pack, pattern, perform, perform on, performance, performing, perpetration, pilot, pilotage, pipe, play, point out to, point the way, poise, port, pose, posture, practice, praxis, prescribe, presence, procedure, proceeding, prosecute, pull the strings, pursue, put right, put through, quarterback, quit, regulate, regulation, remove, responsibility, route, rule, run, running, see, see to, separate, set right, set straight, shepherd, show, show the way, siphon, skipper, social science, specialize in, squire, stance, steer, steerage, steering, style, superintendence, superintendency, supervise, supervision, tackle, tactics, take, take away, take care of, take command, take on, take out, take the lead, take to, take up, the conn, the helm, the wheel, tone, tote, traject, transact, transaction, transmit, transport, trench, undertake, use, usher, waft, wage, wait on, way, way of life, ways, whisk, wield the baton, wing, withdraw, work, work at, working, workings
Audio (CA) noicon (file)
- (verb) enPR: kəndŭkt', IPA: /kənˈdʌkt/, SAMPA: /k@n"dVkt/
- Rhymes: -ʌkt
- (act or method of controlling or directing ): control, guidance, management
- (manner of guiding or carrying one's self): bearing, behavior/behaviour, deportment, demeanor/demeanour,
- (plot of a literary work): action, plot, storyline
- (lead or guide): accompany, escort, guide, lead, steer, belead
- (direct): direct, lead, manage, oversee, run, supervise, belead
- (reflexively: to behave): act, behave, carry on
- (to serve as a medium for conveying): carry, convey, transmit