NounCongress (plural congresses)
- (archaic) A coming-together of two or more people; a meeting.
- A formal gathering or assembly; a conference held to discuss or decide on a specific question.
- An association, especially one consisting of other associations or representatives of interest groups.
- Sexual intercourse.
- A collective noun for a group of baboons.
Adjectives for Congress
chaotic; international; bicameral; complaisant; musical; unique; legislative; filibustering.
Verbs for Congress
discipline—; elect to—; empower—; importune—; prevail upon—; prod—; represent in—; seat in—; storm—; sway—; —adjourns; —appropriates; —assembles; —authorizes; —confers on; —confirms; —convenes; —debates; —deliberates; —designates; —dissolves; —frames; —functions; --interviews; —lags; —legislates; —meets; —rebels; —reforms; —regulates; —rejects; —revises; —suspends; —taxes.
Synonyms for Congress
- (collective noun for a group of baboons) flange
- (legislative body) assembly, legislature, parliament
- (association) federation