- (grammar, transitive) To list the inflected forms of a verb for each person, in order, for one or more tenses.
- In English, the verb 'to be' is conjugated as follows: 'I am', 'you are' (or 'thou art'), 'he/she/it is', 'we are', 'you are', 'they are'.
- (grammar, of a verb) To vary in form to express tense, gender, number, mood, etc.
- You have to conjugate the verb 'to be' when you use it in the present tense.
NounConjugate (plural Conjugates)
- Any entity formed by joining two or more smaller entities together.
- (mathematics) (of a complex number) A complex conjugate.
- (mathematics) An explementary angle.
accouple, accumulate, affiliate, affiliated, agglutinate, allied, amalgamated, amass, analyze, articulate, assemble, assimilated, associate, associated, band, biconjugate, bigeminate, bijugate, blended, bond, bound, bracket, bracketed, bridge, bridge over, cement, chain, clap together, coalesce, coincident, collateral, collect, combinative, combinatory, combine, combined, compact, comprehensive, comprise, concatenate, concurrent, conglobulate, conjoin, conjoint, conjugated, conjunct, conjunctive, connect, connected, connective, consolidated, copulate, corporate, correlated, couple, couple up, coupled, cover, decline, derivative, double-harness, double-team, echoic, eclectic, embrace, encompass, etymologic, fused, gather, glue, hyphenate, implicated, include, inclusive, incorporated, inflect, integrated, interlinked, interlocked, interrelated, involved, join, joined, joint, knot, knotted, lay together, league, lexical, lexicographic, lexicologic, lexigraphic, link, linked, lump together, mark, marry, marshal, mass, match, matched, mate, mated, merge, merged, mixed, mobilize, of that ilk, of that kind, one, onomastic, onomatologic, onomatopoeic, pair, pair off, paired, parallel, parenthesize, paronymic, paronymous, parse, piece together, point, punctuate, put together, related, roll into one, solder, span, splice, spliced, stick together, syncretistic, syncretized, synthesized, take in, tape, team, team up, tie, tied, twinned, unify, unite, united, wed, wedded, weld, yoke, yoked