- (idiomatic, figuratively) To manufacture; to fabricate; to falsify; to devise an elaborate lie.
- He really cooked up a good one this time, something about an airline disaster.
- (slang) To prepare a heroin dose by heating.
- (slang) To prepare a meal.
- Lemme cook up some eggs and bacon before you go.
- (slang) To manufacture a significant amount of illegal drugs (LSD, meth, etc.)
ad-lib, angle, beget, breed, brew, bring forth, bring into being, cabal, call into being, coin, collude, complot, conceive, concoct, connive, conspire, contrive, counterfeit, countermine, counterplot, dash off, design, develop, devise, discover, do offhand, dream up, engender, engineer, evolve, extemporize, fabricate, fake, fantasize, finagle, finesse, fix, forge, formulate, frame, frame up, fudge, generate, give being to, give rise to, hatch, hatch a plot, hatch up, hoke up, improvisate, improvise, intrigue, invent, jury-rig, knock off, lash up, lay a plot, machinate, make do with, make up, maneuver, manufacture, mature, mint, operate, originate, pack, pack the deal, plan, play by ear, plot, prearrange, preconcert, precontrive, predesign, premeditate, preorder, procreate, rig, scheme, scrap the plan, set up, sew up, spawn, stack the cards, strike off, strike out, think out, think up, throw off, throw together, toss off, toss out, trump up, vamp, vamp up, wangle, whip up, whomp up, wing it