From Portuguese curral
NounCorral (plural Corrals)
- An enclosure for livestock, especially a circular one.
- We had a small corral out back where we kept our pet llama.
- An enclosure or area to concentrate a dispersed group.
- Please return the shopping carts to the corral.
- A circle of wagons, either for the purpose of trapping livestock, or for defense.
- The wagon train formed a corral to protect against Commanche attacks.
- To capture or round up.
- The lawyer frantically tried to corral his notes as his briefcase fell open.
- Between us, we managed to corral the puppy in the kitchen.
- To place inside of a corral.
- After we corralled the last steer, we headed off to the chuck wagon for dinner.
- To make a circle of vehicles, as of wagons so as to form a corral.
- The cattle drivers corralled their wagons for the night.
Find words for Corral
rickety; shabby; flaming; palisaded; guarded; over-crowded; incarcerating; confining.
accept—; acknowledge—; devise—; allow —; authorize—; counteract—; direct—; fol¬low—; fumble for—; invite—; judge—;modify—; need—; offer—; perform—; print—; refuse—; rejoice in—; resent—; subject to—; substitute—; superintend—; — amends; —improves; —neutralizes; —revises.
accumulate, acquire, agglomerate, aggregate, aggroup, amass, assemble, bag, batch, be seized of, beleaguer, beset, besiege, blockade, bound, box in, bring together, bulk, bunch, bunch together, bunch up, cage, capture, catch, chamber, close in, clump, cluster, collect, colligate, collocate, combine, come by, come in for, come into, compare, compass, compile, conglomerate, contain, contract, coop, coop in, coop up, cordon, cordon off, cumulate, derive, dig up, drag down, draw, draw together, dredge up, drive, drive together, drove, earn, encircle, enclose, encompass, enshrine, enter into possession, fence, fence in, gain, gather, gather in, gather together, get, get in, get together, goad, group, harvest, hedge, hedge in, hem, hem in, herd, house in, impound, imprison, incarcerate, include, jail, join, juxtapose, kennel, lash, leaguer, lump together, make, make up, mass, match, mew, mew up, mobilize, muster, net, obtain, pair, partner, pen, pen in, pocket, prick, procure, pull down, punch cattle, put together, quarantine, rail in, raise, rake up, rally, reap, ride herd on, round up, sack, score, scrape together, secure, shepherd, shrine, shut in, shut up, spur, stable, surround, take, take up, wall in, whip, whip in, win, wrangle, wrap, yard, yard up