- In a depraved state; debased; perverted; morally degenerate; weak in morals.
- The Government here is corrupt, so we'll emigrate to escape them.
- With lots of errors in it; not genuine or correct; in an invalid state.
- The text of the manuscript is corrupt.
- It turned out that the program was corrupt - that's why it wouldn't open.
- In a putrid state; spoiled; tainted; vitiated; unsound.
- Who with such corrupt and pestilent bread would feed them.
- Nouns to which "corrupt" is often applied: practice, state, country, nation, regime, city, government, person, man, politician, leader, mayor, judge, member, minister, file, database, document.
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible (Authorized Version), Genesis 6:11
- The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
- (transitive) To make corrupt; to change from good to bad; to draw away from the right path; to deprave; to pervert.
- Don't you dare corrupt my son with those disgusting pictures!
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible (Authorized Version), Genesis 6:12
- And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
Adverbs for Corrupt
flagrantly; undesignedly; dishonorably; profoundly; incredibly; wondrously; loathsomely; utterly; infamously; notoriously; perniciously; basely; generally; systematically; satanically.
Adverbs for Corrupt
incredibly; loathsomely; utterly; infamously; secretly; notoriously; officially; politically; perniciously; basely; generally; grossly; crassly; abominably; shamelessly; openly; admittedly; detestably; odiously; execrably; scandalously; outrageously; darkly; maliciously.
Synonyms for Corrupt
Antonyms for Corrupt
abandoned, abase, aberrant, abroad, abuse, adrift, adulterate, afflict, aggrieve, alienate, all abroad, all off, all wrong, alloy, amiss, amoral, approach, approachable, askew, astray, at fault, awry, bad, baneful, bastardize, befoul, benasty, beside the mark, bewitch, blight, brainwash, break down, break up, bribable, bribe, buy, buy off, buyable, canker, cankered, carious, cheapen, coarsen, condemn, confound, conscienceless, contaminate, contaminated, corrupted, corruptible, counterindoctrinate, criminal, crooked, crucify, crumble, crumble into dust, curse, cut, damage, dark, debase, debased, debauch, debauched, decadent, decay, decayed, deceptive, decompose, decomposed, defective, defile, deflower, degenerate, degrade, degraded, deleterious, delusive, demoralize, denaturalize, denature, deprave, depraved, desecrate, despoil, destroy, detrimental, devalue, deviant, deviational, deviative, devious, dial, dilute, disadvantage, dishonest, dishonorable, disintegrate, disserve, dissolute, distort, distorted, distress, do a mischief, do evil, do ill, do wrong, do wrong by, doctor, doctor up, doom, doubtful, dubious, envenom, errant, erring, erroneous, evasive, evil, face, fall into decay, fall to pieces, fallacious, false, faultful, faulty, features, felonious, fester, festering, fishy, fix, fixable, flagitious, flawed, fortify, foul, fraudulent, gangrene, gangrened, gangrenous, get at, get into trouble, get to, go bad, go to pieces, gone bad, grease, grease the palm, harass, harm, heretical, heterodox, hex, hurt, ill-got, ill-gotten, illogical, illusory, immoral, impair, indirect, indoctrinate, infamous, infect, injure, insidious, jinx, kisser, lace, low, maltreat, map, menace, mess, mess up, mildew, misadvise, miscreant, misdirect, miseducate, misguide, misinform, misinstruct, mislead, misteach, mistreat, misuse, mold, molder, molest, morally polluted, mortified, mortify, mug, mystify, nasty, necrose, necrosed, necrotic, nefarious, not kosher, not right, not true, noxious, obfuscate, oblique, obscure, off, off the track, on the pad, on the take, out, outrage, pan, pay off, peccant, pernicious, persecute, perverse, pervert, perverted, phiz, play havoc with, play hob with, poison, pollute, polluted, prejudice, profligate, prostitute, purchasable, purchase, puss, putrefied, putrefy, putresce, putrescent, putrid, questionable, rankle, ravage, ravish, reach, reindoctrinate, reprobate, rot, rotten, rotting, ruin, savage, scathe, self-contradictory, shady, shameless, shifty, sinister, slippery, smirch, soil, sphacelate, sphacelated, spike, spoil, spoiled, stain, steeped in iniquity, straying, suborn, subvert, subverted, sully, suppurate, suppurating, suppurative, suspicious, taint, tainted, take care of, tamper with, tarnish, threaten, tickle the palm, torment, torture, tricky, turn, twist, ulcerate, ulcerated, unconscienced, unconscientious, unconscionable, underhand, underhanded, unethical, unfactual, unorthodox, unprincipled, unproved, unsavory, unscrupulous, unstraightforward, untrue, untrustworthy, venal, vice-corrupted, vicious, villainous, violate, visage, vitiate, vitiated, vulgarize, warp, warped, water, water down, wicked, wide, win away, without remorse, without shame, wound, wreak havoc on, wreck, wrong
- Rhymes: -ʌpt