Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
NounCounterpunch (plural Counterpunches)
- A punch delivered in return of a previous punch by somebody else, such as an opponent in a boxing match.
- (boxing) To deliver a punch designed to exploit an opponent's momentary defensive weakness caused by a punch thrown by the opponent.
- To deliver a competitive response to an opponent designed to exploit a weakness created by the opponent's offensive efforts.
- 2009 Christopher Clarey Top-Seeded Jankovic Falls Without a Fight
- She stands just a little over 5-foot-6, but her two-handed ground strokes off both wings, inspired by the four-time Australian Open champion Monica Seles , allow her to create sharp angles and counterpunching power.