NounCrest (plural Crests)
- A tuft, or other excrescence or natural ornament, growing on an animal's head; the comb of a cock; the swelling on the head of a serpent; the lengthened feathers of the crown or nape of bird, etc.
- The plume of feathers, or other decoration, worn on or displayed on a helmet; the distinctive ornament of a helmet.
- (heraldry): A bearing worn, not upon the shield, but usually on a helmet above it, sometimes (as for clerics) separately above the shield or separately as a mark for plate, in letterheads, and the like.
- The upper curve of a horse's neck.
- The ridge or top of a wave.
- The summit of a hill or mountain ridge.
- The helm or head, as typical of a high spirit; pride; courage.
- The ornamental finishing which surmounts the ridge of a roof, canopy, etc.
- The top line of a slope or embankment.
- Particularly with reference to waves, to reach a peak.
Find words for Crest
ferny; higher; snow-streaked; silver; flame-like; fire-tipped; glittering; ancestral; blazing; upturned; haughty; snowy; kindled; polished; gory; uncontrolled; crimson; golden; bald; towering; glimmering; turret; flaming; stainless; overhanging; compassed; princely; confused; proud; slide-scarred; knife-edged; cloven; tranquil; hissing; lofty; whitening; windy; cockatoo; mountain; jagged; distant.
affix—; bear—; brighten—; dance on—; elevate to—; erect—; fix—; helmet with—; let fall—; mount to—; plate with—; recognize—; seal with—; strike—; —bristles; —crowns; —droops; —ornaments; — plumes; —signifies; —symbolizes; —undulates; —waves; —wreathes.
Vandyke edge, achievement, acme, alerion, amplitude, animal charge, annulet, antinode, apex, apogee, argent, armorial bearings, armory, arms, azure, badge, bandeau, bar, bar sinister, baton, bearings, bend, bend sinister, billet, blazon, blazonry, bordure, broad arrow, brow, cadency mark, canton, cap, capsheaf, caput, chaplet, charge, chevron, chief, chine, climax, cloud nine, coat of arms, cockatrice, cockscomb, consummate, coronet, crenation, crenelation, crenulation, crescendo, crescent, cross, cross moline, crown, culmen, culminate, culmination, de Broglie wave, deckle edge, denticulation, dentil, dentil band, design, device, difference, differencing, diffraction, dogtooth, eagle, edge, electromagnetic radiation, electromagnetic wave, emblem, ermine, ermines, erminites, erminois, escutcheon, extreme limit, extremity, falcon, feather, fess, fess point, field, figure, file, flanch, fleur-de-lis, frequency, frequency band, frequency spectrum, fret, frost, fur, fusil, garland, griffin, guided wave, gules, gyron, hackle, hatchment, head, heading, headpiece, heaven, heavens, height, helmet, heraldic device, high noon, highest pitch, highest point, hilltop, hogback, honor point, ice, impalement, impaling, in phase, inescutcheon, interference, knoll, label, light, limit, lion, lofty peak, longitudinal wave, lozenge, mantling, marshaling, martlet, mascle, maximum, mechanical wave, meridian, metal, motto, mountaintop, mullet, ne plus ultra, no place higher, node, nombril point, noon, notching, octofoil, or, ordinary, orle, out of phase, outtop, overarch, overtop, pale, paly, panache, peak, pean, period, periodic wave, pheon, pic, pico, pike, pinhead, pinion, pinnacle, pitch, plume, plumule, point, pole, precipice, purpure, quarter, quartering, quill, radio wave, ray, reach, reinforcement, resonance, resonance frequency, rickrack, ridge, roof, rose, sable, saltire, saw, saw teeth, scallop, scapular, scutcheon, seal, seismic wave, serration, seventh heaven, shield, shock wave, sky, sound wave, spire, spread eagle, spur, subordinary, summit, surface wave, surmount, symbol, tenne, tidal wave, tincture, tip, tip-top, top, top off, top out, topknot, tor, torse, transverse wave, tressure, trough, tuft, unicorn, upmost, upper extremity, uppermost, utmost, vair, vert, vertex, very top, wave, wave equation, wave motion, wave number, wavelength, wreath, yale, zenith
- Rhymes: -ɛst