NounCrop (plural Crops)
- A plant, especially a cereal, grown to be harvested as food, livestock fodder, or fuel or for any other economic purpose.
- The natural production for a specific year, particularly of plants.
- A group, cluster or collection of things occurring at the same time.
- a crop of ideas
- The lashing end of a whip
- An entire short whip, especially as used in horse-riding; a riding crop.
- A rocky outcrop.
- The act of cropping.
- A short haircut.
- (anatomy) A pouch-like part of the alimentary tract of some birds (and some other animals), used to store food before digestion, or for regurgitation; a craw.
- (architecture) The foliate part of a finial.
- (archaic or dialect) The head of a flower, especially when picked; an ear of corn; the top branches of a tree.
- (harvest): harvest; yield
- (whip used on horses): hunting crop, riding crop, whip, bat
- (animal's): craw, (in birds)
- (transitive) To remove the top end of something, especially a plant.
- (transitive) To cut (especially hair or an animal's tail or ears) short.
- (transitive) To remove the outer parts of a photography or image in order to frame the subject better.
Adjectives for Crop
catch; fateful; encouraging; anticipated; bumper; unmanufactured; ungathered; varied; abundant; sprouting; diminished; mildewed; uncertain; agricultural; plenteous; bountiful; scanty; customary; fast-ripening; phenomenal; profitable; huge; staple; immense; luxuriant; tender; supreme; worthless; superior; lavish; fodder; teeming; unfailing; annual; stunted; newly-planted; increased.
Verbs for Crop
affect —; blast —; blight —; devastate —; devour —; harvest —; injure —; pluck —; produce —; reap —; salvage —; trample—; yield —; — fails; —flowers; —matures; — rustles; — shrivels; — sprouts; — withers.
abbreviate, abdomen, abomasum, abridge, abscind, abstract, aftermath, amputate, annihilate, bag, ban, bar, batch, batten upon, bay window, bearing, beerbelly, belly, belt, blacksnake, bob, boil down, boobs, bosom, breadbasket, breast, breasts, bring in, brisket, browse, bullwhack, bullwhip, bumper crop, bunch, bust, capsulize, cat, chest, chop, clip, clump, cluster, compress, condense, contract, copse, cowhide, craw, crop herbs, cull, curtail, cut, cut away, cut back, cut down, cut off, cut off short, cut out, cut short, cutting, detach, diaphragm, dig, disengage, dock, dryfarm, dug, elide, eliminate, embonpoint, enucleate, epitomize, eradicate, except, excise, exclude, extinguish, extirpate, farm, fatten on, fatten upon, feast on, feast upon, feed on, first stomach, flagellum, fleece, foreshorten, fruit, garden, gather, gather in, gathering, gizzard, glean, gleaning, grabble, graze, group, grouping, groupment, grove, grow, growth, gullet, gut, harvest, harvesting, hassock, hay, head, head of hair, hew, honeycomb stomach, horsewhip, isolate, kishkes, knock off, knockers, knot, knout, kurbash, lash, live on, locks, lop, lot, make, mama, mamelon, mamelonation, mammary gland, mammilla, mammillation, mane, manyplies, mat, maw, mess, midriff, mop, mow, mutilate, nenes, net, nip, nipple, nut, nutting, omasum, output, pap, papilla, pare, pasture on, paunch, peel, pick, pick out, pigeon breast, plantation, planting, pluck, poll, pollard, pot, potbelly, potgut, prey on, proceeds, produce, product, production, prune, psalterium, pusgut, quirt, raise, ranch, rawhide, razor strap, reap, reap and carry, reaping, rear, recap, recapitulate, reduce, rennet bag, reticulum, retrench, root out, rule out, rumen, scourge, second crop, second stomach, set apart, set aside, shag, sharecrop, shave, shear, shock, shorten, sjambok, skive, slash, slew, snip, snub, spare tire, stamp out, stand, stomach, stook, strap, strike off, strip, strip off, stunt, sum up, summarize, swagbelly, synopsize, take in, take off, take out, teat, telescope, thatch, thicket, third stomach, thong, thorax, throughput, tit, tits, titties, titty, top, tresses, trim, truncate, tuft, tum-tum, tummy, tussock, udder, underbelly, ventripotence, vintage, whip, whiplash, wipe out, wisp, yield
- (RP) enPR: krŏp, IPA: /krɒp/, SAMPA: /krQp/
- (US) enPR: kräp, IPA: /kɹɑp/, /kɹap/, SAMPA: /krAp/
- Rhymes: -ɒp