NounCrumple (plural Crumples)
- (transitive) To rumple; to press into wrinkles by crushing together.
- (transitive) To cause to collapse.
- (intransitive) To become wrinkled.
- (intransitive) To collapse.
Find words for Crumple
viciously; rudely; roughly; destructively; pathetically; carelessly; hideously; slatternly.
bend, break, bristle, buckle, cave, cocker, cockle, collapse, contort, corrugate, corrugation, crankle, crease, crimp, crimple, crinkle, crook, crush, distort, fold, fold up, furrow, gnarl, go, knit, knot, mangle, pucker, purse, ridge, rimple, ripple, rivel, ruck, ruckle, ruffle, rumple, screw, scrunch, set on edge, shirr, spring, turn, turn awry, twist, wad, warp, wimple, wrench, wrest, wring, wrinkle, writhe, yield
- The translations below need to be checked.
- “Crumple” in the Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper, 2001