- (theology) To condemn to hell.
- To put out of favor; to ruin; to label negatively.
- To condemn as unfit, harmful, of poor quality, unsuccessful, invalid, immoral or illegal.
- (profane) To curse; put a curse upon.
Damn (not comparable)
- (profane) Generic intensifier.
- Shut the damn window!
Damn (not comparable)
- (profane) Used to express anger, irritation, disappointment, annoyance, contempt, etc. See also dammit.
- Italian : cribbio
NounDamn (plural Damns)
- The use of "damn" as a curse.
- (profane) A small, negligible quantity, being of little value.
- The new mechanics aren't worth a damn.
- (profane) The smallest amount of concern or consideration.
- We don’t give a damn.
Synonyms for Damn
Antonyms for Damn
a hoot, abominate, abuse, accurse, accursed, accuse, ace, anathematize, anathemize, animadvert on, arraign, attack, attaint, bagatelle, banish, bauble, be concerned, bean, berate, bibelot, bit, blackguard, blacklist, blame, blaspheme, blast, brass farthing, bring home to, bring to ruin, button, call names, call to account, care, cast blame upon, cast into hell, cast out, cast reflection upon, castigate, censure, cent, complain against, condemn, condemn to hell, confound, consign to hell, consume, convict, criticize, cry down, cry out against, cry out on, cry shame upon, curio, curse, cursed, cuss, cuss out, damnable, damned, darn, deal destruction, decimate, decry, denounce, denunciate, depredate, desolate, despoil, destroy, devastate, devour, discipline, dissolve, doom, doom to perdition, engorge, epithet, epithetize, excommunicate, execrable, execrate, expel, farce, farthing, feather, fig, find guilty, fleabite, folderol, fribble, frippery, fulminate against, gaud, gewgaw, gimcrack, gobble, gobble up, goddamn, goddamned, gut, gut with fire, hair, halfpenny, havoc, hex, hill of beans, hoot, impeach, imprecate, impugn, incinerate, indict, inveigh against, jest, joke, jot, kickshaw, knickknack, knickknackery, lay in ruins, lay waste, lota, mind, minikin, mockery, modicum, molehill, objurgate, ounce, pass sentence on, penalize, peppercorn, picayune, pin, pinch of snuff, pinprick, pronounce judgment, pronounce sentence, proscribe, punish, rap, ravage, red cent, reflect upon, remonstrate, reprehend, reprimand, reproach, reprobate, reprove, revile, row of pins, ruin, ruinate, rush, sentence, shake up, shipwreck, shit, shred, snap, sneeshing, sou, straw, swallow up, swear, swear at, throw a whammy, throw into disorder, thunder against, toy, trifle, trinket, triviality, tuppence, two cents, twopence, unleash destruction, unleash the hurricane, upbraid, upheave, vandalize, vaporize, vilify, vituperate, waste, whim-wham, whit, whoop, worry, wrack, wreak havoc, wreck