- Of or pertaining to a deviation; characterized by deviation from an expectation or a social standard.
- At the trial, the extent of his deviant behavior became clear.
NounDeviant (plural Deviants)
- A person who deviates, especially from norms of social behavior.
- He was branded as a deviant and ostracized.
- A thing, phenomenon, or trend that deviates from an expectation or pattern.
- As the graph shows, the March sales trend is the deviant.
aberrant, abnormal, bent, bizarre, curious, deviate, deviating, different, divergent, eccentric, freaky, homosexual, idiosyncratic, kinky, odd, offbeat, peculiar, queer, quirky, singular, strange, uncommon, unusual, weird
- The translations below need to be checked.
Words that resemble Deviant closely, but have unrelated meanings, include defiant.
- Random House Webster’s Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
- third-person plural present active indicative of dēviō