Dormant (not comparable)
- Inactive, asleep, suspended.
- Grass goes dormant during the winter, waiting for spring before it grows again.
- The bank account was dormant; there had been no transactions in months.
Find words for Dormant
temporarily; transiently; healthily; momentarily; latently; passively; inertly; heavily; lethargically; inactively; mysteriously; importantly; smoulderingly; symbolically; impenetrably; inferentially; fortunately; naturally; quiescently.
abeyant, apathetic, asleep, at rest, benumbed, between the lines, blase, bored, cataleptic, catatonic, comatose, concealed, contemplative, covert, cryptic, dead, dead asleep, debilitated, deep asleep, delitescent, do-nothing, dopey, droopy, drugged, dull, enervated, esoteric, exanimate, fast asleep, flaked-out, flat, foul, groggy, heavy, hebetudinous, hibernating, hidden, idle, immobile, in abeyance, in suspense, inactive, inanimate, inert, jaded, lackadaisical, laissez-aller, laissez-faire, languid, languorous, latent, leaden, lethargic, lifeless, listless, logy, lumpish, lurking, meditative, moribund, motionless, muffled, mystic, neuter, neutral, numb, obfuscated, oblivious, obscured, occult, out, paralytic, paralyzed, passive, phlegmatic, pooped, possible, potential, procrastinating, quiescent, quiet, quietist, quietistic, resting, sated, sedentary, slack, sleeping, sleepy, slow, sluggish, slumbering, slumberous, smoldering, somnolent, sound asleep, stagnant, stagnating, standing, standpat, static, stationary, still, stultified, submerged, supine, suspended, tame, torpid, unaroused, unconscious, under the surface, underlying, undisclosed, unexpressed, unmanifested, unmoving, unrevealed, vegetable, vegetative, veiled, virtual, wan, weary, world-weary
- Dormant in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Dormant in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Dormant at OneLook Dictionary Search
- Present participle of dormir.