NounElimination (countable and uncountable; plural Eliminations)
- The act of eliminating, expelling or throwing off.
- The act of excluding a losing contestant from a match, tournament, or other competition.
- (television) The act of voting off or throwing off a contestant in a reality television competition.
- (biology) The act of discharging or excreting waste products or foreign substances through the various emunctories.
- (mathematics) The act of causing a quantity to disappear from an equation; especially, in the operation of deducing from several equations containing several unknown quantities a less number of equations containing a less number of unknown quantities.
- (logic) The act of obtaining by separation, or as the result of eliminating; deduction.
- (accounting) The act of recording amounts in a consolidation statement to remove the effects of inter-company transactions.
abolishment, abolition, abscission, amputation, annihilation, annulment, assassination, bloody murder, bumping-off, castaway, castoff, choking, choking off, cleaning out, clearance, clearing, deep six, defecation, depletion, deportation, deracination, destruction, detachment, discard, discarding, discharge, discharging cargo, disjunction, disposal, disposition, drainage, draining, dumping, effusion, egestion, egress, ejaculation, ejection, emission, emptying, eradication, evacuation, excision, exclusion, excretion, exhausting, exhaustion, exile, expatriation, expulsion, extermination, extinction, extinguishment, extirpation, extravasation, extrusion, exudation, flow, flux, foul play, homicide, jettison, junking, liquidation, manslaughter, murder, mutilation, negation, nullification, off-loading, ostracism, outlawing, outlawry, purge, purging, refuse, reject, rejectamenta, rejection, removal, rescission, riddance, rooting out, scrapping, secretion, severance, silencing, snuffing out, stifling, strangulation, suffocation, suppression, suspension, throwaway, thuggee, thuggery, thuggism, transudation, unloading, uprooting, venting, voidance, voiding, withdrawal
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən