- Possessing, exerting, or displaying energy.
- Cosmic rays are energetic particles from outer space.
- Of or relating to energy.
- Nouns to which "energetic" is often applied: person, man, woman, child, life, material, particle, ion, healing, anatomy, etc.
- Where non-English languages use an adjective analogous to "energetic", English often uses "energy" attributively: "energy efficiency" is much more common than "energetic efficiency".
Find words for Energetic
spasmodically; courageously; consistently; actually; indefatigably; gloriously; conspicuously; monumentally; phenomenally; creatively; colossally; stupendously; patiently; strikingly; laboriously; magnificently; spectacularly; breath-takingly; supremely; impressively; valorously; indomitably; nervously; joyously; formidably; prodigiously;fitfully; restlessly; tremendously; appallingly; suspiciously; excitedly; disturbingly; normally; abnormally.
Synonyms for Energetic
Antonyms for Energetic
active, activist, activistic, acute, aggressive, alive, animated, ardent, armipotent, assiduous, authoritative, bouncing, bouncy, breezy, brisk, bubbly, chipper, cogent, diligent, dynamic, ebullient, effective, effervescent, enterprising, enthusiastic, fervent, forceful, forcible, frisky, full of beans, full of go, full of life, full of pep, go-go, hard, hardworking, hearty, high-potency, high-powered, high-pressure, high-tension, hot, impetuous, in force, in power, incisive, indefatigable, industrious, intense, invigorated, irresistible, keen, kinetic, laborious, live, lively, living, lusty, mercurial, mettlesome, mighty, mighty in battle, militant, never idle, operative, peppy, perky, pert, potent, powerful, prepotent, puissant, quicksilver, relentless, robust, ruling, sedulous, sleepless, smacking, snappy, spanking, spirited, sprightly, spry, strenuous, striking, strong, take-charge, take-over, telling, tireless, trenchant, unflagging, unremitting, unsleeping, unsparing, untiring, unwearied, valid, vehement, vibrant, vigorous, vital, vivacious, vivid, zealous, zestful, zesty, zingy, zippy
- Rhymes: -ɛtɪk