NounEnvironment (plural Environments)
- The surroundings of, and influences on, a particular item of interest.
- The natural world or ecosystem.
- All the elements over which a designer has no control and that affect a system or its inputs and outputs.
- A particular political or social setting, arena or condition.
- (computing) The software and/or hardware existing on any particular computer system.
- (programming) The environment of a function at a point during the execution of a program is the set of identifiers in the function's scope and their bindings at that point.
Adjectives for Environment
unnatural; accidental; fictitious; cultural; friendly; refined; smart; spiritual; stately; refreshing; restricted; unambitious; ideal; hostile; economic; early; playhouse; suitable; specific; luxurious; pseudo-social; moral; fitting; cooling; healthful; unsuited; niggardly; native; unfavorable; frontier; unusual; human; felicitous; musical; nationalistic; physical; fertile; limited.
Verbs for Environment
adjust to—; alter—; control—; create—; dominate—; endure—; escape from—; fit—; harmonize with—; lift from—; modify—; shape—; share—; —corrupts; —exerts; —influences; —moulds; —shapes; —strengthens; —weakens.
Synonyms for Environment
climate, conditions, containment, context, ecosystem, embracement, encincture, encirclement, enclosure, encompassment, enfoldment, envelopment, environs, existing conditions, full particulars, girding, girdling, habitat, inclusion, ins and outs, involvement, locale, medium, milieu, mise-en-scene, set of conditions, setting, situation, status, status quo, surrounding, surroundings, territory, total situation, whole picture, ambience, ambient, atmosphere, backdrop, background, cincture, circling, circumambience, circumambiency, circumcincture, circumflexion, circumjacence, circumposition, circumstances,
- IPA: /ɪnˈvaɪɹə(n)mɨnt/, /ɪnˈvaɪɚ(n)mɨnt/, SAMPA: /In"vaIr@(n)mInt/, /In"vaI@`(n)mInt/
Audio (US) noicon (file)
Audio (UK) noicon (file)