Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈɛkwɪvəʊk/
NounEquivoque (plural Equivoques)
- A play on words, a pun.
- Ambiguity or double meaning.
- 1942: the black wisps of women bargaining behind those veils might turn out to be the ballet and coalesce in some dance gaily admitting their equivoque of concealing and proclaiming their sex. — Rebecca West, Black Lamb and Grey Falcon (Canongate 2006, p. 648)
Equivoque (infinitive equivocar)
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of equivocar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of equivocar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of equivocar.