Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈɛθnɪk/
- Of or related to a group of people having common racial, national, religious or cultural origins.
- There are many ethnic Indonesians in the Netherlands
- Belonging to a foreign culture.
- I like to eat ethnic food
- (historical) heathen, not Judeo-Christian
related to a group of people
heathen, not Judeo-Christian
belonging to a foreign culture
- The translations below need to be checked.
NounEthnic (plural Ethnics)
- An ethnic person, notably said when a foreigner or member of an immigrant community
- An ethnic minority
- Ethnic in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Ethnic in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911