NounFizz (plural Fizzes)
- An emission of a rapid stream of bubbles.
- I poured a cola and waited for the fizz to settle down before topping off the glass.
- The sound of such an emission.
- Evan sat back in the hot tub and listened to the relaxing fizz and pops produced by the eruption of bubbles.
- A carbonated beverage.
- Nathan ordered an orange fizz from the soda jerk at the counter.
- (emission of bubbles): effervescence, foam, froth, head
- (sound of bubbles): bubble, fizzle, hiss, sputter
- (carbonated beverage): pop, seltzer, soda, tonic
- (intransitive) To emit bubbles.
- (intransitive) To make a rapid bubbling sound.
- (intransitive) To shoot or project something moving at great velocity.
- 2011 Saj Chowdhury Man City 4 - 3 Wolves
- And just before the interval, Kolarov, who was having one of his better games in a City shirt, fizzed in a cracker from 30 yards which the Wolves stopper unconvincingly pushed behind for a corner.
- To travel at a great velocity, producing a sound caused by the speed.
- 2011 Sam Sheringham Chelsea 2 -03 Blackburn Rovers
- Terry came close to doubling Chelsea's lead when his header from Lampard's mis-hit volley fizzed inches past the upright.
- (emit bubbles): bubble, effervesce, foam, froth
- (make bubbling sound): fizzle, hiss, sizzle, sputter
assibilate, assibilation, blubber, boil, boil over, boiling, bubble, bubble over, bubble up, bubbliness, bubbling, burble, buzz, carbonation, champagne, ebullience, ebulliency, ebullition, effervesce, effervescence, effervescency, effervescing, ferment, fermentation, fizzle, fizzling, foaming, frication, frictional rustling, froth, frothiness, frothing, guggle, gurgle, hiss, hissing, hush, hushing, lisp, plain, plop, rhonchus, seethe, seltzer, shush, shushing, sibilance, sibilate, sibilation, siffle, sigmatism, simmer, siss, sissing, sizz, sizzle, sizzling, sneeze, sneezing, sniff, sniffle, snore, snort, snuff, snuffle, soda, soda water, soft drink, sparkle, spit, splutter, spumescence, sputter, squash, squelch, squish, sternutation, stertor, swish, tonic, wheeze, whish, whisper, whistle, whistling, white noise, whiz, whoosh, work, zip