Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- A certain cut of beef used in Ashkenazic Jewish cuisine, made by cutting short ribs across the bone
- 1991 Mary Shen Barnidge Solomons' Choice
- Carol's funny story about her son's first efforts at cooking flanken meets with silence from Frances, who confesses ignorance of both the dish and its preparation.
- 2007 Alex Witchel A Counter History
- But for aficionados of the real thing, the high-quality, old-school kosher renditions of brisket or flanken or center-cut tongue like silk, the Second Avenue Deli was it.
flankeon the side
- singular definite of flanke