- spherical, ball-shaped
- In the center was a small, global mass....
- (not comparable) of or relating to a globe or sphere
- Concerning all parts of the world.
- Pollution is a global problem.
- (not comparable, computing) of a variable, accessible by all parts of a program
- Global variables keep support engineers employed.
- (spherical): ball-shaped, globular, round, spherical
- (of or relating to a globe or sphere):
- (concerning all parts of the world): international, universal, world-wide, planetary
NounGlobal (plural Globals)
absolute, across-the-board, admitting no exception, all-comprehending, all-comprehensive, all-covering, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-filling, all-including, all-inclusive, all-out, all-pervading, allover, blanket, broad, bulblike, bulbous, categorical, catholic, clear, compendious, complete, comprehensive, conclusive, cosmic, cosmopolitan, country-wide, decided, decisive, definite, definitive, determinate, developed, downright, ecumenic, ecumenical, ellipsoid, encyclopedic, entire, epidemic, explicit, express, extensive, far-reaching, final, fixed, flat, flat-out, full, full-fledged, full-grown, full-scale, galactic, globate, globe-shaped, globed, globelike, globoid, globose, globular, heaven-wide, hemispheric, implicit, inappealable, indisputable, intact, international, mature, matured, national, nondenominational, nonsectarian, obovoid, omnibus, orb, orbed, orbic, orbicular, orbiculate, orblike, orby, out-and-out, outright, over-all, ovoid, pandemic, panoramic, peremptory, perfect, planetary, positive, ripe, round, solid, sphere-shaped, spherelike, spheric, spheriform, spheroid, straight, straight-out, sweeping, synoptic, total, unabbreviated, uncircumscribed, unconditional, unconditioned, uncut, undiminished, undoubting, unequivocal, unexpurgated, unhampered, unhesitating, universal, unlimited, unmistakable, unmitigated, unqualified, unquestioning, unreserved, unrestricted, unwaivable, utter, whole, wide-ranging, without exception, without omission, without reserve, world-wide, worldwide
- (UK) IPA: /ˈɡləʊbəl/, SAMPA: /"gl@Ub@l/
- (US) enPR: glō'bəl, IPA: /ˈɡloʊbəl/, SAMPA: /"gloUb@l/
- Rhymes: -əʊbəl
- The translations below need to be checked.
AdjectiveGlobal (not comparable)
- (worldwide): weltweit
- global (worldwide)