Noungold mine (plural Gold mines)
- A mine for gold ore or metal.
- South Africa has many goldmines.
- (idiomatic) A very profitable economic venture.
- This oil deposit is a regular gold mine. We make more and more money every year!
- (idiomatic) A plentiful stockpile of something sought after.
- The Smithsonian Institute is a goldmine of knowledge, but like most mines, you have to dig for the good stuff.
Eldorado, Golconda, bank, bonanza, coal mine, colliery, cornucopia, diggings, eldorado, font, fount, fountain, gravy train, lode, mine, mine of wealth, mother lode, open cut, opencast, pit, quarry, resource, rich lode, rich uncle, shaft, source, source of supply, spring, staple, treasure trove, treasure-house, treasury, vein, well, wellspring, workings