- Experiencing the effect of favourable fortune; having the feeling arising from the consciousness of well-being or of enjoyment; enjoying good of any kind, as peace, tranquillity, comfort; contented; joyous.
- Favored by luck or fortune; lucky.
- , Robert Boyle
- Chymists have been more happy in finding experiments than the causes of them
- , Robert Boyle
- Dexterous; ready; apt; felicitous.
- Jonathan Swift
- One gentleman is happy at a reply, another excels in a rejoinder
- Jonathan Swift
- Content (to do something); having no objection (to something).
- Are you happy to pay me back by the end of the week?
- (favored by hap, luck or fortune): Said of expedients, efforts, ventures, omens, etc.
- (experiencing the effect of favorable fortune): Said of people, hours, thoughts, times, etc.
Adverbs for Happy
radiantly; beamingly; beautifully; bonnily; curiously; rosily; smilingly; ridiculously; openly; innocently; childishly; shyly; modestly; frankly; brightly; rapturously; excitedly; tranquilly; quietly; incomparably; wildly; keenly; overwhelmingly; supremely; secretly; unutterably; joyously; ecstatically; ineffably; profoundly; tenderly; deliriously; breathlessly.
Synonyms for Happy
- (favored by luck): lucky, fortunate, prosperous, cheerful, content, delighted, elated, exultant
- joyous, joyful, merry, glad, mirthful, delightful, gay, contented, satisfied, rapturous, blithe, felicitous, joyous, blessed, blissful, rejoicing, jovial, jocund, glad, ecstatic, propitious, favorable, pleasing, gratified, pleased, light, peaceful, comfortable, bright, buoyant, vivacious, successful, sunny, sprightly, lucky, lively, animated, smiling, spirited, exhilarated, thrilled, jubilant, laughing, satiated.
Antonyms for Happy
sad, unhappy, sorrowful, mood, morose, sour, mortified, dissatisfied, discontented, disappointed, unfortunate,unlucky, gloomy, dejected, despairing, melancholy, downcast, depressed, disheartened, discouraged, poverty-stricken, wretched, weeping, embarrassed, mournful, miserable, grieved, anguished, abject, tormented, aggrieved, forlorn, pitiable, disconsolate, comfortless, cheerless, abandoned, desolate, destitute, hopeless, forsaken, distressed, afflicted, woeful, woebegone, troubled
a propos, accepting, accidental, ad rem, adapted, addled, advantageous, advisable, applicable, apposite, appropriate, apropos, apt, at ease, auspicious, beaming, beatific, beatified, becoming, beery, befitting, bemused, beneficial, benign, benignant, besotted, blessed, blind drunk, blissful, blithe, blithesome, bright, bright and sunny, capering, casual, cheerful, cheery, chirping, civil, cock-a-hoop, cogent, comely, comfortable, composed, congruous, content, contented, convenient, convincing, correct, crapulent, crapulous, dancing, decent, decorous, delighted, desirable, dizzy, dovetailing, drenched, drunk, drunken, easy, easygoing, ecstatic, effective, effectual, efficacious, efficient, elated, eupeptic, euphoric, exalted, exhilarated, expedient, exuberant, exultant, fair, far-gone, favorable, favoring, feasible, felicitous, fit, fitted, fitten, fitting, flushed, flushed with joy, flustered, fortuitous, fortunate, fou, fructuous, full, full of promise, gay, geared, genial, genteel, giddy, glad, gladsome, gleeful, glorious, glowing, golden, good, gratified, high, hopeful, in good spirits, in high spirits, in liquor, in seventh heaven, incidental, inebriate, inebriated, inebrious, inspired, intoxicated, irrepressible, jolly, joyful, joyous, jubilant, just, just right, laughing, leaping, light-hearted, lighthearted, likely, lucky, maudlin, meet, mellow, merry, meshing, muddled, nappy, nice, of good cheer, of good comfort, of good omen, of happy portent, of promise, on cloud nine, on the button, opportune, optimistic, overjoyed, pat, pleasant, pleased, pleased as Punch, politic, profitable, promising, proper, propitious, prosperous, providential, purring, qualified, radiant, recommendable, reconciled, reeling, relevant, resigned, riant, right, ripe, rosy, sanguine, sanguineous, sans souci, satisfied, seasonable, seemly, shikker, singing, smiling, smirking, sodden, sortable, sotted, sparkling, starry-eyed, suitable, suited, suiting, sunny, tailored, telling, thrice happy, thrilled, tickled pink, tiddly, timely, tipsy, to be desired, to the point, to the purpose, uncomplaining, under the influence, unrepining, urbane, useful, well, well-chosen, well-expressed, well-put, well-timed, winsome, wise, without care, worthwhile
- The translations below need to be checked.